The Safety Special with Toothprints® includes (1) ChildPrint ID Kit, (2) ChildPrint ID Cards, and (1) Toothprints® wafer. This package is designed for 1 child, with the kit and Toothprints® remaining at home, and the cards going to parents or other caregivers.
The ChildPrint ID Kit:
The ChildPrint ID Kit® assists parents in easily creating a confidential and extremely comprehensive record of their child’s personal and medical information, to keep at home for use in an emergency. When a child is missing, first few hours are crucial to recovery. During this very emotional time, parents often search for current photos and cannot always remember their child’s most basic characteristics. ChildPrint® enables parents to immediately give police a complete and accurate description, saving precious time, and hastening the search. In addition, ChildPrint® includes two pages of important safety tips that parents can teach their children, because education is essential to helping kids to avoid dangerous situations.
Each fully assembled 8-panel, 6.5" x 4.5" (folded) kit is individually packaged in a heavy gauge clear, protective plastic sleeve, and contains:
- A 1" x 5" non-toxic fingerprinting ink strip
- A heavy gauge freezer-safe bag for a DNA hair sample or cheek swabs
- Space to record complete contact, personal, medical, and physical information
- Space to store a 4" x 6" photograph
- A 10-finger fingerprint chart
- Dental charts for permanent and baby teeth
- Two pages of essential educational safety tips
The ChildPrint ID Card:
The ChildPrint ID Card™ enables parents, guardians, babysitters, grandparents, daycare providers, and other designated caregivers to carry a child's detailed personal information, photograph, and thumbprint in their wallet. If the child is missing, the card can instantly be given to the police to assist in recovery. ChildPrint ID Cards have also been used as a form of travel identification, and children can carry the card in their backpack, for extra protection.
Each ChildPrint ID Card™ is individually packaged and contains:
- A non-toxic fingerprinting ink strip for your child's thumbprint
- A 12 mil. (sturdy) clear self-lamination pouch, no heat is required
- A 3.25" x 2" ChildPrint ID Card™ which records complete contact, physical, and medical information, parents'/guardians' contact information, and release signature, plus an adhesive tab to firmly secure a small photo
- Complete instructions. After you fill out the card, you simply place it in the pouch, remove the backing and seal. It's instantly laminated and ready to store in your wallet.
PLEASE NOTE: The card is filled out by hand, and not typed. The information in the photos is typed for clarity, and is not demonstrative of how your child's card will look when completed.
Toothprints® was developed by a pediatric dentist who began using dental bite impressions as a way of safeguarding his own child, and other young patients. The patented thermoplastic wafer records the size and shape of a child’s teeth, the tooth position within the arch, and the relationship between upper and lower jaws.
Like fingerprints, dental imprints are unique to every person, so bite impressions serve an accurate method of identification--not even identical twins have the same bite characteristics. A Toothprints® impression also captures saliva, which is a powerful source of human scent, thus making the wafer effective for scent-dog tracking. The saliva also provides a DNA sample, which further enhances its identification properties.
The Toothprints® process is simple: the dentist softens the wafer in a water bath, and instructs the child to bite down. The imprinted wafer is then placed in a reclosable bag, which is included with the package, and the name of the child and date of impression are written on this bag. Then, parents are instructed to place the Toothprints® bag in their freezer, to ensure that the DNA does not degrade. Toothprints is stored in the freezer indefinitely, and only removed if a child is missing. At that time, the wafer can be given to the police for identification purposes.
Each Toothprints® package contains 1 wafer, a freezer-safe storage bag, and complete instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: For your child's oral safety, Toothprints® should not be done at home, but taken to your dentist during your child's next appointment.